Sunday, October 24, 2004

Car hoppin'


[Copyright © 2002 by Link to the Future]

Don't get your hopes up. There isn't a restaurant with three car hops anywhere to be found. These three are models for the Cruisin' Brea car show.


[Copyright © 1960 CBS Television]

So did car hops really hop on your car when taking your order? Only in the classic TV show Route 66.


[Copyright © 1996 Chronicle Books]
Once upon a time in the United States, before the ubiquitous yellow arches of a certain hamburger chain spread like chicken pox, eating on the go was an occasion. Those long-gone days when customer service was number one--and meals were dished up by enthusiastic young women costumed to resemble drum majorettes--are captured in this compilation of vintage photographs and memorabilia, crammed to overflowing with nostalgia.
-- Amazon Review
View excerpts and purchase the book Car Hops and Curb Service: A History of American Drive-In Restaurants 1920-1960 by Jim Heimann at Amazon.com.

[Text quote: © 1996-2004, Amazon.com]

14 Comments:

Blogger Quit Smoking said...

Having discovered your blog through the blooger toolbar, I hope you don't mind saying that I have a ebooks site/blog. It pretty much covers ebooks related stuff. Check it out if you have time.

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop by and have a look at miniature golf

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started a vw golf blog

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love texas classic truck then you will want to be there! All kinds of texas classic truck will be in attendance. For more information go to texas classic truck
See Ya There!!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds great, but I've seen very different opinions of cheap contact lens

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Powerseller Package said...

Hi d_orlando, very interesting post. I'm not too familiar with blogs, but I found your post Car hoppin' a good read. I was actually looking for information on and found your post. Any recommendations for the best infromation about ? Nice one.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, and will add it to "my favorites". I am new to blogging, but not new to car clubs. I have furnished custom made car badges to dozens of car clubs all over the country. I have a web site that I feel you will find both interesting and informative. Please pay me a visit when you have time.
**car clubs**packard car club

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a cars show site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

See Ya There!!!

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like sports cars, antique cars, classic cars, race cars oe Nascar, you will enjoy my web site.

I make, jewelry quality, custom car badges from your club's logo or design.

Please visit my web site at www.arnirbrown.com

Arnie Brown

**car club****car club*

9:44 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Please examine my Air Medical Transportation blog as soon as you can.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

Thank you for the informative blog
Here Is some additional
Contact Lens Resources for daily wear,dipsposable, and color contact lense if you or your readers are interested.

12:28 PM  
Blogger All About Golf said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about golf vacation, please feel free to visit.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous advertise car sales said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a advertise car sales site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

6:45 PM  
Blogger SM Blogger said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home